Tuesday Tumblr Collection

Clever Manka, · Categories: Tuesday Tumblr

April 26 is Alien Day, and today’s Tumblr collection is Tuesday, April 25: Aliens.

clevermankaI’ve posted a weekly themed collection on my Tumblr nearly every week since October, 2011. Someday I’ll compile a list of them, with links to the dates. That day is not today.

31 Responses to “Tuesday Tumblr Collection”

Oh, Giger, you delightful scamp!

2. Small_Imp says:

Oh how delightful. I just so happen to be wearing my queen xenomorph necklace today too <3

Is now when I share that my next crochet-prezzie project is this

Is this a good place to talk about how dreadful Prometheus was? Not since Phantom Menace have I been so angry at a prequel. And the promo ad, that eerie "Introducing David 8" spot was so promising, too! But the movie–while pretty, and full marks for the use of 3D to good effect–was such a sloppy misuse of everyone's time and attention that I had to go straight to a bar and for a drink and splenetic grumbling.

I've never seen any of the alien movies. Should I have?

• Rillquiet says:

I didn't see Aliens until I was in college, well after it was released on video (yes, tape, I am that withered with eld), and it scared the shit out of me. Alien is a slower-build scare, a haunted house movie; Aliens is a screaming ride down the kind of roller coaster with inversions and harnesses and a dodgy safety record. Roger Ebert's review is on point: "I have never seen a movie that maintains such a pitch of intensity for so long; it's like being on some kind of hair-raising carnival ride that never stops." That said, it's phenomenal at what it does, which is set you up, scare you slow, wring out your adrenal system, and leave you weak-kneed and exhausted. Whether that's your cup of ichor or not is a judgment call.

The rest of the series ranges from intermittently acceptable (snark on Joss Whedon notwithstanding, his "What's inside me? What's INSIDE me? What's inFUCKINGSIDE ME?" is a good line) to inexcusable, IMO.

Rillquiet hit it dead-on. If SF horror and suspense isn't your bag, stay far away.

6. mckitterick says:

WHAT A HORRIFICALLY WONDERFUL COLLECTION

7. beaucoup1314 says:

Well, I'm retiring to watch another few episodes of DCI Banks. Good night, everyone. Be well.

Aww, makes my blackity-black goth/industrial heat happy.