Tuesday Tumblr Collection

Clever Manka, · Categories: Tuesday Tumblr

This week’s Tumblr collection is Tuesday, August 29: Orange.

clevermankaI’ve posted a weekly themed collection on my Tumblr nearly every week since October, 2011. Someday I’ll compile a list of them, with links to the dates. That day is not today.

16 Responses to “Tuesday Tumblr Collection”

This really resonates with me, because after all this sewing, right now when I close my eyes all I see is X-wing flight suit orange.

So many amazing things, and orange, being a fire colour, is one of my favourite colours!!! Q: Do you think that cat is photoshopped in? Because it doesn't look tranquilized, and idk how else you'd get a cat to stay put for as long as it would take to lay out all those leaves.

ALso, funfact: a friend of mine in undergrad coined the term "dorange". The only word in the English language that rhymes with the word "orange" it is the place where you store your illegal drugs and their related paraphernalia. The Urban Dictionary does not agree, but what does the Urban Dictionary know?

3. Absotively says:

Note to self: investigate using the Tumblr API to generate a list of Tumblr Tuesdays.

Oh my gosh if you can manage that, it would be amazing. I wanted to do it this summer but lack of brain nixed that.

It looks like I might have to scrape the pages instead of using the API, but it definitely looks doable. Especially since it looks like you generally give everything in a collection a hashtag with the collection name, which should make identifying the collection name possible.

4. Lynn says:

There are a handful of subway stations in NYC that look like that orange bathroom but the MTA seems committed to "renovating" most of them away from the orange tile so they are disappearing fast.

My parents, brother, sister in law, and half my cousins went to a college whose main color is bright orange and it is also my mom's favorite color so that specific bright shade of orange always reminds me of family.