Tuesday Tumblr Collection

Clever Manka, · Categories: Uncategorized

This week’s Tumblr collection is Tuesday, October 31: Happy Halloween!

clevermankaI’ve posted a weekly themed collection on my Tumblr nearly every week since October, 2011. Someday I’ll compile a list of them, with links to the dates. That day is not today.

19 Responses to “Tuesday Tumblr Collection”

1. littleinfinity says:

Happy Halloween! In case anyone needs last-minute costume ideas, this made me laugh: Alternative (Unsexy) Halloween Costume Ideas

Beautiful.

My plan for tonight is crab dip and netflix.

Love it, especially the fashions!

I am wearing my La Catrina necklace, and my Morticia and Gomez t-shirt, and tonight we're celebrating J's birthday by going to a fancy pants restaurant/butchery for dinner. I may get another episode of Stranger Things in before the evening is over. Some Halloween I'll get a quiet night at home, but not this one.

OK, let's see if my html is correct *crosses fingers*

• littleinfinity says:

YUM that restaurant & butchery looks incredible!! My own J would be very into that as well. "Cast iron quail pie" sounds medieval/ delicious.

We had the full meat board (house made salamis, corned tongue, coppa ham, and something else), house made and fresh fried pork rinds, the blood sausage which is served with rounds of roasted potatoes and a runny egg, trout with bok choi and cauliflower (I meant to get the smoked trout but ordered wrong), and tiny sesame glazed roasted carrots. J had pumpkin pie and I had a blondie with ice cream and caramel. So good!

4. damngoodcoffee says:

Thank you for this. Despite my best efforts, I think I'm having a really middling Halloween this year, and I want to feel better about the whole thing (nothing particularly bad happened, I'm just run down and stressed and everything is pushing my buttons and nothing particularly good is happening to counteract all the stress at all), but I think it's going to take some time, particularly time when I am not at work.

5. faintlymacabre says:

THAT BAT DRESS!!!!!

For Barnoween, an event with a higher-than-average chance of encountering poop, dust, and large animals, a minimalist approach to costuming seemed best: black jeans, red shirt, black boots, black jacket; five minutes of makeup; three bucks of headband. And voila: the devil you know. Happy Candy Eve, folks!

7. Absotively says:

I have given in to pressure to dress up for work, mostly because I had a witches hat and a black skirt handy, though admittedly the part of the morning where I looked for me fleece-lined tights might count as putting effort into my costume. I blame the snow.

I also carved a pumpkin and roasted the seeds and bought a zillion tiny chocolate bars and also some non-candy party favours because I've read too many things about the troubles of trick-or-treaters with allergies. I was considering cooking the pumpkin after, but it turned out to be rather thin-walled and also I cut off more than I intended trying to get it to sit flat, so I may not bother.

Things that happened:
    Informed tiny human that at least one of our cats doesn't have a soul
    Shouted "Mush! Candybeard" at TH and nephew while trick or treating
    Told TH and nephew that child dressed as harlequin jester was clearly a fan of comedia del art
    TH asked guy in t-Rex costume why he could talk and he said "because I went to school"
    Listened to TH wail "I want my eyeball!" For a solid 5 minutes (plastic eyeball privileges having been revoked when she put it in her mouth)
    Husband told version of Little Red Ridinghood where she kills the wolf herself because she is strong ("and self-actualized" I added)

happy candy night, and many spooky returns!

So many things to love on this collection! Is that where you got your skull necklace?