Tuesday Tumblr Collection

Clever Manka, · Categories: Tuesday Tumblr

I find them so aesthetically pleasing.

This week’s Tumblr collection is Tuesday, January 23: Ouija Boards.

clevermankaI’ve posted a weekly themed collection on my Tumblr nearly every week since October, 2011. Someday I’ll compile a list of them, with links to the dates. That day is not today.

15 Responses to “Tuesday Tumblr Collection”

Running errands today and now adding "look for a witch or vegan" to my list.

I find them aesthetically pleasing as well, but I have just enough supernatural paranoia that I absolutely will not touch them. I might try a quiche board, though.

Pro tip: vegans are not a good source for traditional quiche boards.

• jenavira says:

SAME. I mean, why tempt spirits in a context where you have no control over them? (Likewise I have never done Bloody Mary nor stayed in a room where it was being done. Probably it's nonsense, but why tempt fate?)

But I love those cross stitch boards so much that I'm gonna have to make one. Or two. Or ten.

Glad to know I'm not alone in thinking they're pretty but having zero interest in using one. I used it with a roommate once, who also did automatic writing, and tbh it was a very disappointing experience. They're just…so pretty. I would totally hang one on my wall.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo. Maybe going as a ouiji board for Halowe'en 2019 (2018 will be who I didn't get to be for 2017). I figure I should start practicing my makeup skills now, tho, if I really want that look. WHICH I DO

I think they are gorgeous, and I LOVE that stained glass planchette.

Ouija boards originated in Baltimore, check out the grave of the man who patented the planchette (no I have not been to see it, yet). Today is the 171st anniversary of his birth! https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/elijah-bond-s

5. Onymous says:

Smacking the left suggestion on autocorrect is definitely the new ouji board right?

So much as well and we will see how I can get my money you can make a decision about a month and a woman that I can think I have the rocks in a bit and get a few more than me but is it ok to bring the car in the driveway when you are done.

6. Onymous says:

Ursula k le guin has died.

7. damngoodcoffee says:

1. The cup & saucer is wonderful
    2. The subway sign makes me want to know that story
    3. I own a few very tiny (like 1"x2") ouija boards with tiny planchettes that I keep in a little bowl on my bookshelf, but I have not used an actual ouija board in many years, mostly for reasons mentioned in the above comments (and the movie Paranormal Activity). However, I LOVED playing with them (and Bloody Mary) at sleepovers as a kid.